A faulty dual water inlet valve on your Whirlpool refrigerator model WRX735SDBM can cause your appliance to stop dispensing ice and water. Replacing the part is not difficult and should take less than an hour. If you plan on installing a new dual water inlet valve, the directions provided below will help you get the job done right.
How to Install a New Dual Water Inlet Valve in Your Whirlpool Refrigerator
Before replacing the dual water inlet valve, unplug your refrigerator and turn-off the appliance’s water supply. Wearing work gloves and safety goggles are also highly recommended.
- Open both refrigerator doors and take all the shelving out of the right side of your appliance.
- Locate the water filter, which is on the ceiling of your refrigerator, and press the tab on the filter’s cover to release it. Once the cover is open, bend it outward to detach it from the appliance.
- Release the lower access panel, found on the back wall of your refrigerator, by bending the retaining tabs with a flat head screwdriver.
- After the lower panel is removed, take off the top access panel. To do so, use the flat head screwdriver to push the middle retaining tab at the bottom of the top panel.
- Using your flat head screwdriver, extricate the dual water inlet valve by placing the tool under the inlet valve and slowly pushing up.
- Detach all the wire connectors from the water inlet valve, and disconnect the grounding clip.
- Take note of where each water line connects. Use a 3/8th-inch wrench to push down on the locking rings, and detach the water lines from the dual water inlet valve. Even though you turned off the water supply, a bit of water will still leak out of the lines once the inlet valve is removed.
- Now, it’s time to install the new dual water inlet valve. Insert the water lines into the appropriate ports on the inlet valve.
- Connect the grounding clip and secure the wire connectors to the water inlet valve.
- Snap the water inlet valve into the rear panel, and place the water lines into the correct channels.
- Reinstall the upper and lower access panel. You should hear a click when the panels are properly reattached. Next, reconnect the water filter’s cover, and fasten the refrigerator shelves back into place.
- Turn the water supply on, and plug your refrigerator back into the wall outlet.
If the new dual water inlet valve did not fix your refrigerator’s issue, please contact us today and we’ll be happy to help you.